- 5 Star Beachfront Resort
- All-inclusive and optional Butler
- Suitable for couples
- Unlimited fine dining at 11 restaurants
- 6 bars including swim-up bars
- 3 swimming pools including adults only pool
- Unlimited watersports and landsports
- Roundtrip airport transfers
- Suitable for couples
- All tips and taxes included in all-inclusive rate
We’ve been dreaming of going to the Bahamas for a long time and had heard amazing things about Sandals Emerald Bay, the beautiful resort located in the Bahamian Out Lands along one of the bluest beaches you’ll ever see. So what better excuse to go here than on our honeymoon?
Sandals Emerald Bay is a luxury 5-star all-inclusive resort – yep that’s right, ALL INCLUSIVE! Here’s a quick run-down of the inclusions.
- Airport transfers (round trip)
- Water sports & land sports (see Activities section for full list)
- Day and night entertainment including live shows
- All gratuities included (except for your butler if you opt for Butler Service)
- Free Wedding for couples who stay longer than 3 days
- Spa Experience
- Local Day Tours
- Luxury Private Airport Transfers
- Luxury Cabanas
Keep reading for a review of Sandals Emerald Bay Resort based on our 3 day stay here in July 2019.
The Bahamas is a long way away from Australia so we decided to spend a few days in New York to make most of the trip before we flew to Georgetown Airport (GGT).
There in Georgetown, our airport transfer (included as part of the resort stay) was already waiting for us at the exit gate and we were instantly on our way to Sandals Emerald Bay. Easy. Seamless. Great!
When we arrived at the resort, we were taken to the lounge for check-in and given a nice cold glass of Bahama Mama as well as complimentary food and drinks. Right away, we could tell we were in good hands.
We stayed in the Beach House Oceanview Club Level Junior Suite – OJ. This included:
- 1 King Bed, 1 Bathroom, 1 Shower, 1 Bath Tub
- Free WiFi (strong connection all throughout the hotel)
- Stocked complimentary in-room bars
- Stocked water, coffee, tea
- Bathroom Amenities
- Hair dryer and Ironing facilities
- Private Patio with hammock
- Smart TV with Cable
- Beachfront view
Our absolute favourite feature of this room would be the ocean facing patio. Once those glass sliding doors opened, we were just a few steps away from the beach and the photos simply don’t do this place justice!
Besides the breathtaking view, the beds were extremely comfortable and we had no issues with the air conditioning and were never short on amenities or towels.
In fact, we had everything we needed right in the comfort of our own room that after we checked-in we spent the rest of the day just lounging in our patio, walking along the beach and ordering room service to our room.
For 2 adults, this room was more than enough space and we highly recommend this room for couples or pairs.
This room is currently priced starting from $388 USD per person per night.
To say this beach was spectacular, is an understatement. Both of us have travelled to some of the best beaches around the world and the beach strip along Sandals Emerald Bay is now up there with one of our all-time favourites.
The sand was so fine and soft, the water is blue beyond belief and the water temperature was just perfect. If you opt to do any water activities, we have no doubt you’ll lose track of time enjoying the sand, sea and sun here.
For those that would rather lie on the sand, there are two beach swings, lying nets and a number of hammocks along the beach. Around sunset time (which was 7pm for us), most people were enjoying dinner while we were on the beach embracing the sunset hues pretty much all to ourselves. Yup, we were definitely in romantic honeymoon mode *cheesy grin*
If you need a break from the beach water, Sandals Emerald Bay has three amazing fresh water pools, jacuzzis, a sunset tower that overlooks the sea and a swim-up bar (remember, the food and drinks are all inclusive!)
The area around the Main Pool is quite popular with guests so the cabanas around here are filled quite quickly. A good tip for those wanting to reserve a cabana here is to leave some of your non-valuables (like a towel or hat) on your seats on the way to breakfast.
If you’re someone that prefers peace and quiet. Look for the Quiet Pool which has a lot less people and a lot more available cabanas. The Quiet Pool also has a bar with the best strawberry daiquiris – but be warned, they run out fast so order a glass (or two) for yourself as soon as you get to the pool.
There are so many different land and water activities that are part of your all-inclusive rate at the resort. In between enjoying the beach, pool and our patio hammock, we found ourselves saying “I wish we had more time to do X Y Z” during our stay, geez, talk about a first world problem hahaha
Here is a run-down on the available activities:
- All-Inclusive Activities: Scuba Diving, Kayaks, Windsurfing, Snorkeling, Sailboats, Paddle Boards, Golf, Croquet, Tennis, Bocce Ball, Lawn Chess, Pool Tables, Horseshoes and Gym Classes.
- Optional Extra Activities: Private Cabanas, Red Lane Spa Treatments and Local Adventure Tours including fishing, swimming pigs, ATV and historical tours.
Swimming Pigs Bahamas Tour
If this is your first time visiting the Bahamas, we HIGHLY recommend booking the Exuma Swimming Pigs Adventure Tour ($197.95 USD per person).
Our Swimming Pigs Tour included:
- Resort pick-up and drop-off
- Packed lunches
- Exploring the lesser known Exuma cays
- Cruise tour of the privately owned islands of celebrities
- Bahamian rock Iguana Island
- And of course, the Swimming Pigs!
The water was also crystal clear and we caught a glimpse of stingrays, nurse sharks and turtles too.
We saw so much wildlife in one day so the tour was well worth the extra add-on to our stay and was the absolute highlight of our time in the Bahamas.
We could not believe that there were 11 restaurants to choose from daily. You can see a full list and description of all the restaurants here. However, the restaurants that we personally tried were:
- Dinos: This is a casual pizzeria open for lunch and dinner. Here you can order a selection of both meat and vegetarian woodfire pizzas and any drinks from the bar menu. The pizzas here are made fresh to order and the size is suitable for 1 pizza per person. No reservation is required for this restaurant (although some restaurants do require one).
- Bahama Bay: This is a casual restaurant which serves the breakfast buffet for breakfast and a la carte menu for lunch and dinner. The cuisine is Bahamian, Carribean and Continental and no reservation is required. The vegetarian options here are a bit limited but you can request the meat dishes to come without the meat (just order a bit more sides and a dessert to finish and you’ll be sweet!) but for the omnivores out there – you won’t be short on options don’t worry.
- Barefoot by the Sea: If you’re dressed for the beach but you need to grab a bite, you can continue to dig your feet in the sand as you dine at Barefoot by the Sea. This is located between the main pool and the beach and is open for lunch and dinner. We really enjoyed the seafood and pastas here and there are also both meat and vegetarian meals here. No reservations required.
- In-room Dining: The in-room dining menu has breakfast, lunch and dinner options. We ordered the loaded nachos, vegetarian wrap and beef burger and it took about 30mins to cook and arrive at the door. The food portions were very generous and we thoroughly enjoyed being in the comfort of our own room and patio for a day.
We can honestly say that after this experience at Sandals Emerald Bay, we 100% want to discover the other Sandals Resorts. The staff here always went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable and well looked after, even though gratuities were already included in our all-inclusive rate. It’s a resort that genuinely looks after their guests and that combined with one of the most beautiful beaches you’ll ever encounter, you won’t want to leave.
Thank you Sandals, it’s been great and this won’t be the last you’ll hear from us for sure.